[GamChix] INFORUM COURSE WRAP-UP

Alagie Ceesay aceesay84 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 08:31:22 PDT 2017

Dear Gamchix ladies,

We have come to the wrap-up end of the INFORUM course on Unix System
Administration. This is the lab section of the course, some of you were
asking for an extension to help you catch-up with the rest who has started
the labs.

Anna, Kevin and I have been discussing in the background on how to extend
the course and provide an active lab session since it is the most critical
part. We have agreed to extend the period by three weeks.
Apologies it took some little time before we arrive at this.

In addition to that, We have also decided, since Anna would be quite busy,
we will have some additional Instructors to moderate.

We now have onboard Kevin Chege
<http://internetsociety.ngo/who-we-are/staff/kevin-chege> and Mohamed Faye.

Mohammed, being the moderator,  will provide an active lab coordination
while Kevin and Anna will follow and assist in the Background until the end
of the extended lab weeks.

Although currently on vacation, Kevin recommended setting up remote servers
for all of you and he has agreed he will setup the servers this week. I
would say this load is not fair for someone on vacation :)
Thank you Kevin for this support. well appreciated!

You all know Mohammed. I will join him together with Esther and Kebba Foon
in planning a live lab session depending on the time he is available. Am
sure We'll communicate that after we agree on a day probably one Saturday
before the extended period ends. Thank you Mohamed.

To this end, I will urge all of you to re-activate the fire and get ready
for the wrap-up.

Kindly NOTE, that finishing this course will lay a foundation for you who
will be selected for additional upcoming training such as the AFNOG
<https://www.afnog.org/>, AROC <https://nsrc.org/workshops/2016/aftld-aroc/>,
and other local and regional technical events on the pipeline..

best wishes to you all

Alagie