[GamChix] The Gambia National Internet Governance Forum (IGF) is here!

esther king esthery19 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 02:32:50 PDT 2018

Morning All,

In collaboration with the Ministry of Information Communication and
Infrastructure (MOICI), The Public Utilities and Regulatory Authorithy
(PURA), The Information Technology Association of the Gambia (ITAG), the
National Youth Coucil of the Gambia (NYC) and local Internet Stakeholders,
we are pleased to announce the dates for the Gambia National Internet
Governance Forum IGF which is scheduled this week 4th to 5th July 2018.

VENUE: Kairaba Beach Hotel in Senegambia.

TIME: 9AM TO 4PM

THEME: Internet Governance in the New Gambia

During this great event, we expect to hear from various local and global
Internet champions who in their expert capacities, will speak on various
sub themes below:

1. Interllectual Property
2. Data Protection
3. Access (connecting the unconnected)
4. Infrastructure
5. Security

We expect to recieve speakers from Facebook, AccessNow and The EU

In addition, this IGF will hold a special pre-event youth session
cordinated by the National Youths Council to be held at the Friendship
Hotel in Bakau. This session aims to actively engage youth in Internet
Governance matters.

We invite and welcome everyone to these important discussions concerning
our digital future. The good, the bad, the ugly and what can we do together.

Please visit the IGF website for more info on sessions and speakers:
http://www.gmigf.gm

Hope to see you all.

-Esther