[GamChix] Minutes of GAMCHIX anniversary - planning

esther king esthery19 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 12:15:23 PDT 2018

Hi All,

Following our first meeting in preparation for our up-coming 1-year
anniversary which is approximately 2 months away. It was agreed that the
event will comprise of a 3-day training workshop on *Introduction to UNIX
and Networking with a closing ceremony in the form of a cocktail party. *The
Target group will be UTG Students who we believe need it the most as they
do not have it as a course in their curriculum.

This is our way of paying tribute to how GAMCHIX started and will be a
great way of teaching others what we have learnt having done the course
ourselves.

See attached points that were discussed.

Please note that comments/ideas are highly welcomed as this was just the
preliminary stage to get the ball rolling.

We have decided to have sub-committees for the event and all are urged to
choose one/more that they can join to help share the workload. They are as
follows:

   - *Location/Venue*
   - *Food & Drinks*
   - *Cocktail Party (Venue)*
   - *Fundraising*
   - *Publicity (Design of Banners & Posters)*
   - *Logistics*

Still on events, we also discussed way forward with the *Safe browsing for
High School students* and training on PowerPoint* presentation. *It was
agreed that we should hold both in November at the American Corner(Beran
can assist with this). We are proposing 2nd and 4th Friday in November
pending on availability.

Those who did the Safe Browsing can work on another presentation for High
School Students while another working group can focus on the PowerPoint
Presentation.

Kind regards

Esther