[GamChix] Fwd: Release for bootcamp

esther king esthery19 at gmail.com
Sat May 1 15:53:32 UTC 2021

Please forward to your network

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Raymond King <raymond.a.king at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021, 14:04
Subject: Release for bootcamp
To: Esther King <esthery19 at gmail.com>

*Subject line:* FREE BOOT CAMP FOR DEVELOPERS IN THE GAMBIA

*Email body: *

Devbridge <https://www.devbridge.com/>, a Chicago-based digital product
design and development consultancy, is launching a pilot edition of its
successful Sourcery Academy for Developers program in The Gambia
<https://sourceryacademy.com/academy/professionals/sourcery-academy-the-gambia/>
this summer, starting 22 May 2021.

Sourcery Academy for Developers is an intense 12-week software development
boot camp designed for university students enrolled in ICT programs who
want to improve their software development skills and prepare for a career
in the global technology industry. Created by software professionals at
Devbridge, the program provides students with a real-world, practical view
of software development best practices along with career mentorship
opportunities. Lectures and project work are hands-on and focus students on
building digital products using team-based collaboration.

Software professionals from Assutech <https://assutech.gm/>, led by Hassan
Jallow, are set to facilitate the pilot edition of the program in The
Gambia. Hassan and his team will lead lectures based on the content
designed by Devbridge. Students accepted into the program will also have
the opportunity for career mentorship and coaching by Raymond King
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/kingraymond/>, a senior member of the
Devbridge leadership team.

“Over my five years working at Devbridge, I have seen firsthand how the
enablement of young technology professionals can make a difference. I am
grateful for the opportunity to bring the Devbridge methodologies to
Gambian-based technology students”, said Raymond King, a native of Fajara.
“And now, thanks to Hassan and his team at Assutech, we can introduce
proven best practices and open the door to developing local talent in West
Africa.”

To be admitted into the program, interested students must complete an entry
test to evaluate their understanding of logic, and proficiency in C#,
JavaScript, Object-oriented programming, SQL, and software analysis and
design. The team will share details of the entry test following an
application into the program has been submitted.

Should you or someone you know be interested in being a part of this pilot
program, please apply via the link below by 5 May 2021. For any other
questions or if you would like to learn more about Devbridge, please
contact Raymond King (raymond at devbridge.com)

Application Link: https://forms.gle/EuhjTroPfaA6CjX98

[end of email]
--