[nsrc-ait-tein-noc-2015] NSRC - AIT - TEIN 2015 NOC Workshop in Bangkok details

Hervey Allen hervey at nsrc.org
Fri Oct 9 10:35:35 PDT 2015

Hello Everyone - This is Hervey Allen one of the instructors for next
weeks workshop on network monitoring and management as well as software
defined networking to be held at the Asian Institute of Technology's
intERLab.

You can see details on this workshop by going to the workshop web pages
located here:

https://nsrc.org/workshops/2015/nsrc-tein-ait-noc/

The agenda for the week is located here:

https://nsrc.org/workshops/2015/nsrc-tein-ait-noc/wiki/Agenda

I will be updating the exact labs we are doing and some ordering of
items, but this is largely how we would like the week to flow.

I am not sure if you have been asked, but during the week every
individual country present is expected to give a presentation about
their individual networks. There are 19 TEIN member countries registered
for the workshop, most with 2, or more, individuals attending. For your
presentation you can present together, or just elect to have one person
present. To see what people have done in the past you can review last
year's agenda here:

https://nsrc.org/workshops/2014/nsrc-tein-ait/wiki/Agenda

and see each country's presentation linked. Or, you can see all the TEIN
country updates here:

https://nsrc.org/workshops/2014/nsrc-tein-ait/wiki/Updates

On Monday we will start with Sri Lanka for the first member update
around 4pm in the day. As there are 19 countries we need to get through
6 presentations on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday near the end of the day.
On Wednesday there is a planned social event and outing staring around
3:30 pm.

Can I have some people volunteer to go on Monday? If you can keep
presentations to 10 minutes each that should allow us to finish at a
reasonable time so everyone can break and get some dinner. When you are
ready, if you can send me your presentation in PDF format I will link it
in to the agenda.

We will be linking in other presentations and exercises to the agenda
over the weekend.

If anyone has any questions about the workshop please feel free to ask
me, but if you can include the entire mailing list that would be great
as someone else may have the same question.

Myself and the entire team are looking forward to seeing you all on
Monday morning and working with you during the week.

Have a nice weekend.

Sincerely,
	- Hervey Allen

--
Hervey Allen      Assistant Director, Network Startup Resource Center
hervey at nsrc.org   http://nsrc.org/ : http://facebook.com/nsrc.org