[pacnog27-nmm] PacNOG 27 Network Monitoring and Management Workshop Day 1 Details (including Zoom invite)

Hervey Allen hervey at nsrc.org
Tue Dec 1 05:18:24 UTC 2020

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the Network Monitoring and Management workshop at PacNOG 27
mailing list. Here I am going to provide you with the details you'll
need to connect to the workshop starting at 10am Fiji time on Wednesday,
December 2.

Here is the Zoom information:

Topic: PacNOG 27 Network Monitoring and Management Workshop Day 1
Time: Dec 2, 2020 10:00 AM Fiji Islands, Marshall Islands

Join Zoom Meeting

https://uoregon.zoom.us/j/5022539027?pwd=Y1Z4WnZ4NzFhQ29RVU9wQ3BIdlM2UT09

Meeting ID: 502 253 9027
Passcode: 12345679

One item that can make things much smoother is if you update to the
latest version of Zoom. If your client is older than version 5.3 you
will not be able to auto-join the breakout rooms set aside for exercises
in your group, so upgrading your client is important to partake in the
workshop exercises.

Hopefully everyone has a working webcam. If you don't we can make it
work, but it makes things much more personable when we are assisting you
and talking with you.

Our entire workshop environment is available by going to:

	https://pacnog.nsrc.org/

Your first time connecting you will need to provide a username and password:

	user: sysadm
	pass: nsrc+ws

This is our virtual training platform. You can access your host machine,
your group's larger srv1 (server) machine, your group's routers and
switches, web servers for each host and server and console as well.

>From https://pacnog.nsrc.org/ you can click on "Workshop Web Site" which
will take you to:

https://pacnog.nsrc.org/workshop/index.html

Please take a look around. There is lots of good material. And, our
Agenda page available at:

	https://pacnog.nsrc.org/workshop/agenda.html

Links to materials will be coming later today and tomorrow as we
finalize a few items.

You can find out what group you will be working in by going to:

	https://pacnog.nsrc.org/workshop/participants.html

Well be providing you with some additional user names and password as
well during these two days.

If you have questions or issues during the workshop we have set up a
WhatsApp group. You can join this group using this URL:

	https://chat.whatsapp.com/IzAYiY0tyjhBNi4xRz38yX

Please join this WhatsApp channel. It's really useful for asking
questions and chatting outside of Zoom, which does not have a very
robust chat feature.

The instructor team is available by writing to pacnog27 at nsrc.org. Please
feel free to use this address with any technical or workshop questions
you may have.

We are looking forward to seeing all of you tomorrow. We will be
starting sharp at 10am Fiji time (GMT+12) as 2 days with 4 hours worth
of lecture and labs is really short for this topic.

See all of you soon!

Cheers,
	- Hervey Allen

--
Hervey Allen      Assistant Director, Network Startup Resource Center
hervey at nsrc.org   http://nsrc.org/ : http://facebook.com/nsrc.org