[GamChix] GAMCHIX AND ADVISORY BOARD

Alagie Ceesay aceesay84 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 05:07:04 PST 2017

Dear Beran,

Gamchix ask me to convey their request for you to help serve as a member of
Advisory Board. This was agreed in a meeting held last Sunday at the ISOC
Gambia office in Fajara.

As you already know, ISOC Gambia and AFNOG successfully hosted the AFCHIX
2017 last July with the help of local stakeholders (QCELL, GAMTEL, MOICI
and PURA) and other External bodies (NSRC, AFRINIC, and ISOC Global).

The idea of the Project is to build capacity of female Engineers and help
them exposed to regional and International Internet and ICT development
initiatives. Because of this, ISOC Gambia competitively drew and selected
participants from various Ministries, Universities and the Regulator. Also
we had some Four other Participants from Senegal, NIC (.SN), the University
and SENCHIX. This brought the number of participants to 30.

The idea of this initiative was to not only train participants and
disperse, but to keep them close and build a Network among them and other
regional Technical Institutions to continue the success of women in
Engineering and Policy. with that vision, the idea of a post workshop
mailing list was born. Through post workshop feedback by participants, we
saw the need to avail a follow up training on UNIX with ISOC's INFORUM
online trainings which has been actively moderated by Kevin Chege of ISOC
until it ended last week.

Now that both AFCHIX 2017 and the Online training is over, the ladies held
a meeting last week with Anna to discuss way forward. This include
completing a constitution that was drafted to help facilitate the
registration of Gamchix and identifying an executive committee and an
Advisory Board (Please refer to attached minutes). While brainstorming on
who to appoint as members of the Advisory Board, We recognized Anna and you
as the best fit to help this course. This is due to your experience,
Passion and exposure to the Regional and Global Internet Community and also
being a successful lady.

To this point, I was tasked to reach out to you on this. I am personally
certain, with you and Anna, this vision will be realized. in the end, this
community would be very powerful to fuel gmNOG, Women in DNS and many other
success stories.

I hope you will find this genuine to spare some little time on. Kindly
note *the
next meeting *as on the Minutes attached.

Cordially

Alagie