[GamChix] Requesting for an explanation

Adama Ceesay adugalcsay at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 20:07:34 PDT 2019

I hope this email finds us all well.

I have some little concern I'd like to raise and would seek the guidance of
the GamChix Advisory Board if I am wrong.

Few days ago we notice removal of some members (including myself) from the
GamChix WhatsApp group without prior warning/notification or explanation.

There is similar doubts from few others who were also removed from the
group. But because there have not been any explanation or discussion of it,
our collective questions/doubts is, whether:

1. There was any specific reason for this sudden measure?

2. This meant a total expel from Gamchix or just from the whatsApp group?

3. The decision was agreed on or voted for during last meeting?

As a founding member, who was actively part of the organizing committee
from inception (Afchix 2017) to the birth of GamChix, I am very passionate
about what we stand for. Not only to raise the spirit of women in STEM but
also to come together as a community and build up from each others
strengths!

For this reason I’ve been contributing and attending meetings before I
traveled. Hence being physically out of town doesn’t mean I’m no longer
part of the organization. Ones a member always a member.

I am not sure if this was an error or  constitutionally consulted with the
advisory board, but either way, I sincerely wish to suggest the executive
revisit this sudden decision. Some of us cherish Gamchix dearly regardless
of location and will always contribute to its goals and objectives.

Also, because some of us might have issues with whatsApp or not always
present online, I want to believe that major topics should always be
discussed or shared on the mailing so that we are sure everyone gets it.
This will also perhaps help for the records and the assumption that
everyone on the whatsApp is following proceedings.

In a nutshell, I’m making a humble request to our able Advisory Board  to
advice on this matter.

Meanwhile, I sincerely apologize if there is any wrong wording in this
email. My only reason is to start a thread for this to be discussed
professionally and we all reassure our able Chairperson and the board of
our continued Gamchix spirit.

Happy Easter holidays to all!!!

On behalf of all,
Adama Ceesay.