[GamChix] WELCOME TO GAMCHIX LIST

Alagie Ceesay aceesay84 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 04:43:15 PDT 2017

Hello Muhammed,

Many thanks for raising that concern.

The main purpose of the domain name is to host the gamchix
webpages/workshop matrials. It remains very useful for that.

The idea/discussion of hosting a post-workshop mailing list at NSRC or
AFNOG came since the Afchix 2017 program organising process. Anna was
copied.

I did update you *personally* that we'll prefer, (and its better) hosting
the mailing list on a neutral platform than on any individual's business to
avoid future conflict of interest or any other privacy/security concerns.
You we're ok with that.

Secondly, it will also be a continuation of a good partnership and
collaboration between Gamchix and NSRC staff. This is good for Gamchix as
NSRC have been financially and technically supporting Afchix Society since
its inception and have done comendable things for Senchix and many other
initiatives like these around the world.

Like most non profit internet communities, NOGs and IXPs, we look at
neutral grounds for these kind of things and what can integrate us with the
rest of the int'l community.

I'm equally running a web hosting and a domain reseller service. I can
easily delegate gamchix.gm and provide emails even for FREE. But its not
the approach we want at ISOC. For example, the past ISOC Gambia executive
had a similar experience when the then ISOC website was hosted and managed
by one of their executives. When disgareement occured, the person brought
down the entire ISOC website including content. Untill now, no archive of
that content. This kind of issue will be worst if it is an entire mailing
list that we all depend on to continue this project.

That being said, the domain gamchix.gm will be very useful for the website
and workshop files (its purpose). Personally, i am definitely ok with you
hosting the website if that's preferred. The mailing list can be at NSRC.

We can discuss this further at a meeting and proceed with the web
development phase and other things to be done. I'll give you a call on that.

Again, many thanks for the support and passion.

Alagie